Distribution Center Team Member – Speedway Motors Inc. – Kearneysville, WV.
Looking to join our team? Here’s what we’re looking for!
We believe strongly in our company values and live them out each day! We work together as One Team across all departments, Choose Positivity in everything we do, put People First, encourage speaking up because You Have a Voice, and above all else we are Driven to Succeed. If you can embrace these values and they align with who you are, then we’d love to chat with you!
Perform an array of functions that may include receiving and processing incoming stock, materials, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, and/or manage, organize and retrieve stock in the warehouse.
Here are the specifics
- Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks and checking in merchandise
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to organizational standards
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers
- Maintains inventory controls by collecting stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed through a computer. May also assist in counting of physical inventory
- Prepare parcels for mailing
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; Sweep, dust, and mop. Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Constantly work to improve processes; make suggestions for productivity improvements, and optimize employee workflow, while continuing to meet our customers’ needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In March of 2020, we moved the majority of our office roles to work-from-home full time to protect our workforce and their families. This role does require you to be in the warehouse.
In an effort to keep our Speedway family safe we have implemented safety measures including PPE, temp checks, and rigorous cleaning schedules for those that are working on campus. We’ve also implemented safety measures including working from home for those that are able.
- Frequent pinching, grasping, fine manipulation with fingers.
- Constant walking and standing.
- Rare reaching overhead.
- Frequent bending/reaching, twisting. Rare kneeling and squatting.
- Ability to occasionally lift 30 lbs., rarely lift < 50 pounds, occasionally carry < 50 lbs. and rarely push/pull up to 100 lbs.
- Work is performed in a warehouse environment and can get warm in the summer and cool in the winter.
What you’ll need to succeed in this position
- At least 18 years of age
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide into all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy and consistency
- Must follow established Speedway and OSHA safety policies and procedures
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- High School diploma or GED and 3 months prior work experience
If this sounds like you, we would love you to join our Speedway Family! Please include your resume to help us get to know you better.
We’ll take care of you – here’s how!*
We put our employees first, and care about your well-being and personal life. From a competitive benefits package and 401k plan to growth opportunities, we have your best interest in mind, always.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- PTO/Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Wellness Program and Gym Reimbursement
- Discount on Speedway Motors Product, Extra Pay for Being Involved in the Industry (Attending Car Shows, Race Events, Creating Content for Automotive Blog), and Referral Bonuses.
- Growth Opportunities
Job Type: Full-time