Shipping and Receiving Clerk III -1st Shift – FedEx Supply Chain – Memphis, TN.
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Performs all activities related to the accurate and timely shipping and/or receiving of product.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
1. Prepare products to be received or shipped from warehouse/department.
2. Match actual product to associated documentation; record transactions in Warehouse Management System (WMS).
3. Research and resolve discrepancies between actual product and associated documentation.
4. Prepare routine activity reports. Open/close trailers physically and systematically
5. Respond to internal and external requests for information regarding receiving/shipping data or issues.
6. Perform work safely and in accordance with company and customer standards and safety regulations.
7. Report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate person.
8. Perform additional related duties in the department.
9. Organizing, Sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another
10. Prepare Shipping documents, oversee and keep records of all shipping and receiving
11. Contact Carriers by phone, email and coordinate pickup request with carriers
12. Receive LTL driver and assign shipping door to all carriers
13. Ensure Correct product is loaded onto the correct carrier, and BOL is accurate
14. Produce and process international invoices
15. Provide proof of delivery when needed, not limited to researching Warehouse Management System (WMS) and archives
16. Ensure inventory accuracy
17. Pick, Pack, manifest and ship all LTL and customer request as requested by supervisor and manager
18. Scan all product on staging lane the last Friday of the month
19. Assist Premium pick, pack, shipping, or Shipping Office whenever needed
20. Verify delivery was made in a safe and timely manner to the customer
You might be a great fit if…
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. 2+ years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
3. Intermediate understanding in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and Word.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Customer service driven.
6. Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
1. Ability to follow policies and procedures.
2. Ability to read, write and interpret information.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
4. Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
5. Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
6. Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
7. Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
8. Ability to lift/carry items regularly less than 25 pounds. Occasionally lift more than 25 pounds.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the “Share” icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 39273