ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist manufacturing with the fabrication and or machining of specialty vessels or components.
- Work closely with Engineering and Maintenance personnel to reverse engineer and fabricate components for existing pressure vessels or production equipment.
- Process weld test plates or raw material test specimens for destructive testing as directed by quality assurance, welding engineering, or design engineering personnel.
- Perform repairs on production vessels within applicable code guidelines as required.
- Maintain any tooling used in production processes.
- Maintain documentation related to any fixtures or tooling developed in conjunction with the engineering department; ensure revision control of fixtures to match fabrication drawings.
- Support engineering and production personnel with questions relating to machining techniques, thread types, fixturing options, and similar areas of expertise.
- Perform general machining operations with both manual and CNC equipment.
- Material handling – operation of cranes, hoists, and forklifts as needed. Also successfully complete any training /safety program relating to the operation of this equipment.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by Company, as requirements warrant.
- As an SPVG employee, you are required to understand the ISO system and the elements that affect your job.
- All pneumatic and electric power tools.
- Manual and CNC machining equipment
- All standard hand tools.
- Machining and fabrication layout tools.
- All applicable measuring devices and calibration tools including callipers, micrometres, thread gages, and other precision measurement devices.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment to meet team expectations.
- Understanding and support of Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and abide by all safety rules and regulations to perform the job.
- Must have a basic understanding of computers.
- Must have reading, writing and general fabrication math skills.
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Must have either a High School diploma, GED, or at least 1 year of working experience in an industrial-based environment.
- Must be able to read fabrication prints.
- Knowledge of safe and efficient operation of machining equipment, both manual and CNC.
- Basic GMAW welding skills (ability to qualify as an ASME code welder preferred)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management, as required. Staffing of positions to be determined by the company.
As an employee, you are required to understand the ISO system and the elements that affect your job.
Must prove that employee can meet the essential duties of the job within 90 days by completing employee training checklist (form number).